All the content in the blog is available free of charge and can be found in the menu to the left.
Please feel free to scroll down in order to become acquainted with all the content which might possibly be of interest or of service to you

22/08/2012

Crowdfunding

On October 6th 2012 an international conference (or to be precise: an un-conference) will be held in London - the 5th Digital Death Day. This takes place twice a year, once in Europe and once in North America. 

I wish to take part in it, and since I can't afford to pay for my flight and entrance tickets, I'm asking for your help. 

If 36 4 people will each transfer 50 NIS (=12.5 USD, = 10 Euro), and 72 people will each transfer 25 NIS (=6.2 USD, = 5 Euro), it will reach the sum necessary for covering the minimal expenses: 3,600 NIS (3,200 NIS have already been transferred - thank you!). Oh, and two more people are needed for covering the fees charged by PayPal for these transactions.  August 28th updateThe goal has been reached: 3,600 NIS were transferred - thank you! I am very grateful for your support and trust, and I'm moved by it.  

If you can afford to take part and support this blog and this trip, I'll be very grateful. The PayPal button is here on the left. When you type the sum it should be 25.00 or 50.00 (and not 25 or 50). You do not need a PayPal account to make this transaction, by the way: only a credit card. 

I will use the money collected by this crowdfunding solely for the purposes of financing this trip. I will block the possibility to transfer funds once the necessary sum for covering the travelling expenses will be raised.  
If this sum will not be raised, I will refund in full all the money which has been gathered by that point. August 28th update: As the goal has been reached, I am taking down the button. I thank you all very much. 

I wish to make it very clear that although the PayPal button says "Donate", this is not a donation in the sense that I am not formally a non-profit organization (although this blog is for non-profit purposes), and I can't supply any receipts, let alone any tax-deductible receipts. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.